- It’s a quick, safe and convenient way to have your say
- It’s a great way to keep up to date with a project you care about
- It gives you a number of different opportunities to tell us what you think during the life of a project or proposal
- You can see what other community members think about an issue or topic and engage in a discussion
- Sign up to Have your say by using the Register button
- Choose a username and password
- Complete a few quick questions about you (this is optional)
- You will receive an email to validate your email address
- Return to the website and sign in
- It promotes accountability and encourages people to give more thoughtful responses because feedback can be attributed to them
- It means we can get back to you if something major changes about the project and communicate information to you about other engagement opportunities, events and other initiatives;
- It helps us make sure people follow our community guidelines, making it a safe, constructive environment for everyone using Have your say
- analyse and interpret your feedback to help meet our objectives and obligations, such as making sure our Have your say activity reaches all sections of the community
- understand possible differences in views between sections of the community (for example to consider if the level of support for a scheme varies between age groups) and
- improve the effectiveness of the way we communicate with all our customers
Why take part?
Have your say gives you the opportunity to have your voice heard on issues that are important to you, at a time and place of your choice:
How do I submit my views?
Each topic on Have your say will have different ways you can engage. You’ll be able to submit your feedback in a variety of ways including online discussion forums, interactive maps. quick polls, and surveys.
To participate for the first time, simply:
Why do I need to register on Have your say to make a comment?
We ask you to register for a few reasons:
If you consent to answering the optional extra registration questions, it allows us to:
Can I use Have your say anonymously?
You must register to leave comments. Once registered, your comments on public facing tools will only display with your chosen screen name.
How can I participate if I don’t register?
All the content about the projects on Have your say is available to view without having to register or sign into the site. You only need to sign in to provide feedback. If you don’t want to register, you can send feedback via email to Haveyoursay@tfl.gov.uk or by post using: Freepost TFL HAVE YOUR SAY, Transport For London, 5 Endeavour Square, LONDON E20 1JN.
What happens to my feedback/comments?
The feedback we receive will be shared with the relevant teams and senior managers and will form a key part of the decision making process.
Is my feedback moderated?
TfL has a contract with Bang the Table who provide us with a product called EngagementHQ – this is our Have Your Say platform.
The feedback you give us in tools such as Places, Forums, Ideas and Stories, is moderated by a moderation team from Bang the Table. Bang the Table’s moderators provide multilingual moderation support to make sure participants, site administrators, and third parties are safe from malicious, inflammatory and illegal materials.
Bang the Table’s role in moderation of this site is to ensure that contributions are reviewed and assessed in an impartial manner according to the rules outlined in the Moderation policy.
Is my privacy protected?
Your personal information will be properly safeguarded and processed in accordance with the requirements of privacy and data protection legislation.